I'm (still) unemployed and bored and making maps is one thing that helps fill the long boring days.
I know I am a long way off being the best map maker in the land, but I enjoy it. This one I made with the idea of using it as the basis for a story.
Can you find the treasure?!
Thursday, 16 August 2012
Read these on The Write Practice and thought I'd put them here as a reminder to myself of things I know, but so easily forget to do. They asked me to free write and then post it in the comments of the blog. But I'm far too lazy to do that hahaha. Not very bloggy-spirited of me I know but never mind.
Five tips for writing when you think you never have the time:
1. Whenever you have five minutes …Whenever you have five minutes and there is a computer or some paper and a pencil nearby, sit down and write. It doesn’t matter what you write, just write.
2. BlogIf you are a writer, you probably already have a blog. If you don’t have one, make one and blog consistently about your life, your most recent writing project, your pet, anything. It doesn’t matter what you write, just write.
3. Wake up early.Even on weekends. Set your alarm clock and wake up before anyone else to give yourself some time alone so you can just write.
4. Free write.If you’re stuck in your novel and don’t know what to write next, grab a clean piece of paper and a pencil and write down whatever comes to mind for ten minutes. Most likely you’ll realize what you have to write next. If you still don’t know what to write next, you haven’t written for long enough. Write for another ten minutes and keep on writing until you’ve overcome your writer’s block.
5. Block out distractionsTake your laptop to a quiet coffee shop and turn off your internet. Use a program that will turn off your email, Facebook, Twitter, and anything else that will be a distraction for you. After you’ve done that, just write.
Tuesday, 14 August 2012
That little life pixie
is naughty and trixy-
bores very easily,
making you queasily
stumble and grumble and groan.
Leave me alone!
Let me be! You wearily shout.
But pixie just giggles and wobbles about.
Messing up life
to give worry and strife
Is my joy, my one hobby, my wife!