Tuesday 14 July 2015

The Ending

Hello Blog,
I've been struggling with my ending for a long time, thinking that I should just let myself edit, and that the ending will come.
It's taken such a long time to get back into it after my dissertation submission. I allowed myself to do a lot of backstory stuff, enjoying creating the world and new characters. I've also been drawing some characters messing around with watercolour crayons, and have finally made a 'spacially accurate' version of the map! Only three years later....

I am halfway through draft 2 (three if you include free writing) but I need to stop.

To
Make
Way
For
My
Epiphany....


Until the end is planned, and the plot in place, nothing before can be right. Plot twists and clues can only be inserted backwards, from a fixed end point. What have I been doing?! I realise I've written and edited whole parts that can't exist based on the end point I want. Silly.

Obviously the end can and will change, but I need to set the events more securely. After that I can trace back each main event and character, inserting their necessary footprints.



 

No comments: