Achievements this week:
- Did some pace, voice and character exercises from Writing Children's Fiction
- Continued free writing as a way of getting story going
- Finished Freddie's character chart
- Made a timetable for completion of CW2
- Added creative work/research completed onto blog as a 'log'
- Read a lot more of Writing Children's Fiction
- Kept reading The Graveyard Book
- Read and made notes on section of Introduction to Children's Literature
Plans for next week:
- Character development
- Add creative work/research completed onto blog as a 'log'
- Free Writing, continuing with chapter 1 and 2
- Prepare for tutorial- be ready to talk about the work I've been doing in terms of character and plot etc- put some things on the wiki for discussion
- Finish reading Writing Children's Fiction!
- Finish reading The Graveyard Book
- Research focus on exercises for development of character, especially regarding voice and dialect and how each character talks.
- Look at dialect in The Secret Garden and its limitations for children.
- Plot development exercises and techniques
- Read prep for guest speaker next week
- Start sorting notes (duplicating) into subject matter to make them easier to refer to- dissertation question, plot, character