Achievements this week:
- Character development- Jacks interview with Lord Puff
- Added creative work/research completed onto blog as a 'log'
- Prepared for tutorial
- Finished reading Writing Children's Fiction
- Finish reading The Graveyard Book
- Researched exercises for development of character, especially regarding voice and dialect and how each character talks.
- Started reading The Secret Garden.
- Read and watched work by guest speaker Thomas Glave
- Sorted notes (duplicating) into subject matter to make them easier to refer to- dissertation question, plot, character
- How each character reacts when put in certain situations
- Week-long diary for Jack (the focus this week for character is on finding their distinct voice)
- Develop ideas for dissertation question
- Finish The Secret Garden
- Research accents, mannerisms and quirks- I'm finding it hard to move on with the story until I know how the children sound exactly.
- Research plot development